Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Be anxious for nothing

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

The enemy of our souls is not creative in his tactics...he cannot create anything...he only perverts and twists what the Lord has created and made perfect. Fear is the perversion of faith. Doubt is the polar opposite of hope. He tells us all the same lies, says to us (especially when we are tired or stressed out or if you are anything like me a little cranky because I need food!) ... "What are you gonna do? You will never get through this...Where is your God now? Oh, now you've really messed up...what are they gonna think? What will your family and friends say? Does he really love you? Does she really want to spend the rest of her life with you?"

The Bible calls the devil "the father of lies". He leans towards extremes and uses words like always, every time and never.

The Bible says in 1 Peter 5:8 "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

Lions hunt for the one that is weak and off by itself, away from the rest of the herd. I've come to the realization that the enemy may be a lion seeking those whom he may devour but when you know Jesus as your one and only love...seeking first His righteousness, and Kingdom (Matt 6:33) then that lion has no teeth...he may try to gum you to death but I know what the back of the book says! We have victory in Jesus... NOW...we don't have to wait until He comes back.

As a little girl growing up, not in church or knowing any of the things of God...and a child of divorced parents...all I knew was fear. Always looking around the corner wondering what would happen to me next. There was no peace and constant turmoil in our home. Hear my heart...I honor my mom. She did the very best that she could with the circumstances she had to work with. And my father, did the best that he could as a young man not following the Lord's will for his life. My stepfather was a hurting individual, and as most of us know...hurting people hurt people. As I grew into young womanhood, that fear grew and manifested itself into controlling behavior, manipulation, and boldness. Of course those who knew me only saw what they thought was a confident and accomplished individual. I lived a lie until the day I met my sweet Jesus.

Fear...it's a faith killer and I know it inside and out. I detest it. I know, strong words coming from me. The Lord has brought me to a place that I never thought possible. A place of peace and one where I can just 'be'...with nothing to prove. Yes, I still have my moments of anxiousness but after living a life of it and allowing fear to steal so much from me I'm so grateful to be able lay it at the foot of the cross. Don't buy into the lies...we win.

1 comment:

  1. "he may try to gum you to death", ha! I love that! So true. How we respond to the gumming is the ultimate thing, right?! Very good, post, Lona. Very good.

    ReplyDelete