Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Triumphs of Faith

Hebrews 10:35 and 36 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. (emphasis mine)

I seek and pursue after peace. When I am in the will of God I have peace. I used to think that "finding" the will of God was some elusive, spiritual event that was only for those that have been walking with the Lord for some time. As the Lord has so graciously shown me, when I seek Him and do things in faith, as if unto Him...I am IN His will. He sees our hearts. So even when I'm completely missing it...if I'm doing it in faith...He still blesses it.

I spent this weekend with my girlfriend from Kansas City @ the Lake of the Ozarks...this decision was made after asking the Lord..."what would you have me do this weekend?" I have learned from the Word to ask Him about the small things too. He desires an INTIMATE relationship with us. For those of you that may think that He does not have time for such trivial questions from me...I want to remind you that He is the creator of ALL THINGS...He is a big, big, God. I truly believe that we bless His heart when we come to Him and seek His will for us moment by moment, day by day, even for weekend plans. And when we do... it is so evident that His hand of blessing is ALL over it.

Without getting into too much detail...the Lord placed me in the presence of some wonderful and interesting people that have the lake home next door to the family I was with this weekend. From what I understand...they have never experienced a relationship with the Prince of Peace. With few words, the Lord led me to share with them the awesomeness of Him in my life . It's hard for me to contain how good He is at times...but I am careful to be led on when and where I share. They were like sponges, soaking up His goodness. I was right where He asked me to be at that appointed time.

As I blasted across the lake on the jet ski this afternoon...appreciating the beauty of His creation... and the blessings of spending time with a friend that was sent from Him...I could only say "thank you Lord", over and over.

Knowing that you are doing what He has called you to do...even if for a moment...loving on His people...such a place is not elusive to you. We tend to make it harder than it is...doubtless expectation...this thing called faith...a peace that surpasses all understanding...it's up to us to be led. It's up to us to choose blessing.

Lord, thank You for Your grace, I know that I can do nothing on my own. I'm only where I need to be by your grace and mercy. Thank you Lord for Your Holy Spirit that guides and directs me...forgive me Lord for the times that I didn't ask or did not pay attention to your leading. Help me to be attentive and sensitive to Your voice in the future. In the precious name of Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Lonna,
    You have a beautiful blog. I love hearing what God is doing in and through you! Keep it up.
    Jeff Myers

    ReplyDelete