Sunday, August 9, 2009

Greater Grace

James 4:6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "God is opposed to the proud, but gives greater grace to the humble."

Pride...the reason Lucifer was cast from the Heavens. I'm familiar with pride. In it's ugliest form, when I thought i needed no one...it almost took my life. Now, in more subtle ways my own agenda gets in the way. Today, I hurt my mom's feelings when I did not make her a priority. I have a purpose and that's to honor her...it's one of the first commandments attached to a promise...Exodus 20:12 says "Honor your father and mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you". I want my days to be prolonged in this land which the Lord has given me...I have work to do as a wife, mother, and evangelist. I wanted to do what I want to do. When you add lack of communication to the mix...you know where this is headed. The Lord has been dealing with me strongly about selfishness. When you have led a lifestyle that has been driven by immediate gratification for the better part of 20 years it's a stretch to put others needs before your own. I believe that at 39 years old I am being groomed for marriage...where my life will not be my own anymore. I'm thankful.

The Lord asked me to humble myself and ask my mom for forgiveness... I love Him and I love His word. I did so. Not because I'm super spiritual...but because I love Him and I love my mom. And...I got grace. The enemy of our souls can do NOTHING when we humble ourselves before the Almighty. James 4:7 says Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Lord, thank You for your unlimited grace. You are a good, good God. Help us to have grace with one another and thank You for the amazing Holy Spirit that leads us in all that we do. We choose to be led by You and not by the flesh....help us to glorify You in our speech and even in thought. Stir us up...the flame of desire that You placed in us to live for You. In the precious name of Jesus we pray...Amen.

2 comments:

  1. your testimony is beautiful... i just found your blog through (in)courage and so glad i did. the Lord is so good and i look forward to reading more about your walk with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post...so glad to find your blog through the incourage site....Your words touched me tonight

    ReplyDelete